Fire Damages Pulaski Home

by Scott Stewart


No serious injuries were reported from a house fire in Pulaski Wednesday evening.


The Pulaski Fire Department and Pulaski Police PSOs responded to the fire call at 1419 Mill Street and arrived to find fire and smoke coming from the home, according to PFD Chief Don Collins.


The tenants of the home were Mikel and Heather Rathe, Mary Anspach and six children, according to Collins. While no serious injuries were reported, two adults were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene by Giles EMS, but required no transport.


Collins said the fire started in the laundry room and was possibly electrical in nature.


According to Collins, the home sustained heavy smoke and fire damage, especially in the kitchen and a bedroom. He estimated damages at $30,000.


The American Red Cross was contacted to assist the family.


PFD was aided at the scene by Pulaski Electric System and Giles County Fire and Rescue, which provided oxygen tank refills.


Collins said the occupants of the home indicated there were smoke detectors, but they did not sound an alarm.


“Make sure you test your smoke detectors once a month,” Collins said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *