Rotary Donates to HOSA Students
The Rotary Club of Pulaski recently donated $1,000 to help with the costs for Health Occupation Sciences (HOSA) students at GCHS to attend state competition in Chattanooga.
“We are so thankful to accept this gracious donation by the Rotary Club of Pulaski,” GCHS HOSA Advisor Kristen Abernathy said. “We would like to say thank you for allowing our students the opportunity to have the best experience possible at our state conference!”
The eight students going to state competition from GCHS were:
• Ashley Morgan, competing in the clinical specialty category. She chose nursing as her specialty.
• Mikaela Tarpley, Harley Hughes and Gabby Wiser are part of the Public Service Announcement team. They developed a PSA video about the dangers of smoking tobacco products.
• Allison Holley, chosen as a voting delegate, participated in electing the next HOSA state officers.
• Lexi Thorne, representing GCHS HOSA by creating a scrapbook of all the year’s activities and displaying it for the “Outstanding HOSA Chapter” competition.
• Komal Patel, competing in medical terminology, and Ellie Reynolds, competing in medical spelling. Both medical terminology and medical spelling are particularly challenging but Patel and Reynolds did well at the regional competition securing a spot to compete at the state level.
— Staff Reports